Few weeks ago, I came upon this beautiful blog of Sheye Rosemeyer and as the norm of me checking out other people’s blogs, I’ll try to start from their very first post until the most recent ones. I’ve been visiting her little corner almost everyday now, experiencing her life as a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister and a friend through her humble writings. She lost her first daughter (3rd child) during a what seem like “normal” day & has been sharing her sorrows, new hopes & what-nots so openly that you’ll feel like you’re there with her in each & every post. Needless to say, prepare a box of tissue for you’ll be shedding some sad tears as well as joyful ones while reading about her life. She’s also an amazing photographer & artist!
This new project of which I’ll call “10 Things” is an inspiration from her. She started listing down 10 things for one particular subject in her postings and this gave me an idea of a new project to take up this 2011.
Hopefully this project will help me focus on things that are more important in life, as well as help my readers (friends, clients, fans) to know me better as a person, not just a photographer. 🙂
So here goes my first “10 Things” ~About Me~
- I was a head prefect in both my primary and secondary schools. God knows why but everyone seems to like me to be a leader then. 😉
- I was never good at sports during school days but I ended up as a scuba diving professional at 20. (is scuba diving a sport? :P)
- I was a violence abuse victim to one of my ex-boyfriend during my teenage days but lucky thing that didn’t last very long cos he left the country for further studies soon after. It made me a much stronger person within.
- I stayed in Hawaii for nearly two years and I was lucky to be given a special working permit then. I’ve worked as a babysitter, an ice-cream seller at Baskin Robins and a bar waitress while studying there.
- I’ve done skinny-dipping in the sea, right in the middle of a night once. Sure was exhilarating yet scary at the same time!
- Scorpions and centipedes give me the goosebumps.
- I had a pet python for almost 3 months, after which it starting growing too long & big for its aquarium and the then boyfriend & I decided to release it back into the wild.
- I’ve been on a local radio station playing a piano piece when I was 11, appeared on national TV and newspaper at 29 & later on a local magazine at the age of 32. But am no celebrity, mind you. 😉
- I love to eat but I hate getting fat. 😛 I’m currently the fattest I’ve ever been. *sigh*
- I work longer hours now compared to when I was just an employee. But it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make for everything good in my life at the moment. 🙂
So there… it’s 2.45am and I better head to bed. Good night world and see you again in a few hours time. I just have to post some pics before I go…
My scuba diving students and I in 2004
Braving the rain during an assignment last year. I love my job! 😛 Photo courtesy of Sze Ning from Elevyn.com
Remember to subscribe to our RSS feed. TQ!