Right… 2009 is coming to an end very soon and it seems to be the time for reflection & what-not for almost everyone I know! Hahaha… So I’ve decided to “jump on the bandwagon” & write one final post before 2010 comes. 🙂
This is the year I became a mother. And my life started to change beyond what I could have imagined or anticipated. It was God’s grace for giving us our little girl. She’s such a joy to me when I’m down, albeit sometimes a little annoying when she throws her tantrum. 😉 Our Little Haley has been a handful and I’m really thankful that my own mother is still young & capable enough to help care for my little girl when I had to return to work. Darling Francis has been a wonderful daddy and husband, ever supportive & patience when it comes to dealing with the various situations in our little chaotic life. I am ever so thankful cos I just wouldn’t know how I’d manage without him!
These are just a few of the changes (ones I’ve felt the impact most) since Haley’s arrival into our life.
- The house is a lot merrier (and did I mention chaotic too? ;)) with her coos & aahs, her laughter & screams, and very recently her endless baby chatters.
- In contrast, our social life has gotten a lot quieter. Darling & I are very sociable people, especially amongst our scuba diving society. Not that we do not like to socialize anymore. It’s just that our priorities have changed. We used to host various get-together with our friends and family but not anymore. We also seem to turn down friends’ invitations to hang-out pretty often nowadays. 🙁
- First is SLEEP. As most parents will agree with me, having a new baby in the house means less sleep for everyone else. 😉 So, we find ourselves pretty tired by midnight and the bed seems all too inviting all the time!
- Second is WORK. Family time is really rare considering that darling leaves the house early in the morning & only comes back after 8pm generally 5 days a week, where as my working schedule often falls on weekends and public holidays.
- Third is FAMILY. We try to spend as much time together as a family when we’re not working. Which means, the whole evening will be spent in the bedroom with Haley for her bedtime. We also try to have at least 3 to 4 times family holiday a year, away from home.
- Darling & I go on a date (mostly on movie dates) a lot more often nowadays. Once again, we’re lucky to have my mum around to babysit at nites when we are going on a date. 🙂 Initially, it was hard for me to concentrate during our dates as my mind & heart will be back at home with Haley, but eventually I got used to it. I now look forward to our future dates all the time! 😀
- We’ve been getting home-cooked meals almost everyday. Bless my mother for that! 😀 She’s been staying with us more often nowadays (due to me having more photography bookings lately) to help out with Haley, hence, she also does the cooking and laundry for us! Yes! I am indeed lucky!
I started losing weight immediately after delivery and an annual full-body check-up revealed a hyperthyroidism in me. I find myself having rapid heart palpitation constantly, resulting in insomnia & a constant rise in body temperature. I also had a massive increase of appetite altho I kept losing weight. Due to the possible unwanted effect on my heart, I was put on a series of medications which resulted in a sudden (unwanted) weight gain! Oh those terrible fats!!! It is sooo demoralizing so I gotta do something bout that soon!
This is also the year when I decided to re-brand my photography business. I would like to thank my friend & mentor, Jenny Sun, for opening my mind & heart when it comes to building my new photography business. I was struggling really hard to find my own identity and to gain clientele but she was always there (albeit her super busy schedule), always willing to share her thoughts and advice, always lending an ear to my never ending rantings. Thank you, girl, for your friendship & trust in me! I owe you one! And I’m looking forward to more shooting & sharing moments with you.
Here are some of the photos I shot when I was assisting Jenny during her wedding assignments. Thank you for the opportunities, Jen!
Ju Liang & Mui Kit's Wedding Day
Ju Liang & his mother
The pretty Mui Kit
Ju Liang & Mui Kit
Tjin & Christine's Wedding Day
Tjin & buddies with their cars
Christine's wedding dress
Tjin & Christine, the happy newlyweds
Hanther & Christine Wedding Day
Hanther & Christine - Blissfully married
So another new year is coming! Only God knows what is planned out for me and all I can do is plan, execute, hope and pray for a smooth sailing journey throughout this new year.
Here’s a list of my new year resolution:
- Lose 8kg by May 2010 by eating healthier (less carbo, less ice cream, less cakes), plan & follow an exercise regime and drink more water daily!
- Be a better mother, wife & daughter. Being more patience with Haley & teach her new things as day passes by, spend more time listening & doing things for darling, and give my mother more time of her own.
- Be a better photographer. Continue learning to improve my skills, as well as increase my editing capabilities in order to deliver my clients’ photos as early possible!
- Keep in touch more with our dearest friends whom we’ve somehow been neglecting lately.
- Go to church more often with Haley & mum (and hopefully darling will join us one day ;)). I’m not too sure how I can do this as most of my weekends have been booked up by clients unless I make it a point to not accept too many bookings on Sundays. God will somehow show me the way soon. 😉
- Travel and/or dive more. Well… if $ and time permits, of course! 😉
- Attend a photography workshop or two locally. Definitely looking forward to ShootFest (if any for 2010).
- Contribute more towards environment conservation. Plant more greens, promote underwater awareness through my underwater photos, etc.
Alrite… that’s all that I can think of at the moment. 😉 Let’s see how much of my new year resolution comes true but I hope majority will. Here’s wishing you, my clients, my friends and family a promising New Year 2010! 😀 My heartfelt gratitude for the wonderful journey we’ve done together this 2009!
Little Aidan & Family
Little Tiffany & Family
Little Kiera & Family
Little Ethan & Family
Little Aden & Family
Little Gabrielle & Family
Little Shuen & Family
Little Mikhail & Family
Little Hayden & Family
Little Tanveer & Family
Little Venus & Family
Little Sophia & Family
Sherlyn Koh & her dance academy
Jeremy & Jane
Albert & Faye
Amin & Shareen + Family
Pauline & Furry Friends
Mark + Azween
Little Azura & Family
“Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.” ~ Hal Borland
Remember to subscribe to our RSS feed. TQ!