This post will be a “sticky” until the contest is over, so please scroll further down for the latest blog post. 🙂 Don’t worry… I’ve not forgotten to post more cutie pictures. 😉
UPDATED 18th March 2010: Submission for contest is closed. Stay tuned for the second stage of the contest coming in a few hours time. 😉
UPDATED: Deadline of contest submission has been extended to 18th March 2010 (Thursday) at 8.00 p.m. local time (GMT +8.00). 😉
Hello hello hello!
So today’s the day! Nope… it’s NOT my birthday… YET… But it WILL be in a month’s time. In fact, I’ll be sharing my birthday with my little girl, Haley, (whom I fondly nickname as my cheeky Little Mouse) next month and she’s turning ONE! 😀
Our upcoming birthday is a special milestone not only for Little Haley, but for myself, my husband and my own mother. Why so? Well… I’ve been reflecting a lot lately and I came to review the many challenges we had gone through to raise our little girl.
The pain & time I had to endure to have my baby. The sleepless nights we had to go through when Little Haley was trying to adapt into this new world. We sacrificed our social lives, our own personal time and our own desires & needs in order to be there for her while she’s growing up. Endless sacrifices…
And we did it out of LOVE! 🙂 From the very deepest part of our heart & soul. Because we WANT to…
Hence, to celebrate Little Haley’s birthday and mine next month, we’ve decided to do it in a more intimate way. But that’s another story to tell later on. 😉
And I’ve decided to make something special for you, my ever supportive friends, fans & blog readers. A blog competition based on the title “To Sacrifice, To Love”. This is my first time organizing such competition for ALP, so please bear with me if there are mistakes & such throughout the process. I promise I’ll try my best to do it as right possible! 😉
OKAY! Here are the details:
1. Write a blog post (or for Facebook members who do not own a blogsite, write a Note) with the title “To Sacrifice, To Love”.
Write something about a meaningful sacrifice you’ve experienced in your life with a loved one/s, or something. Be as creative as you can. It can be in a form of an essay, or a journal, or a poem, or a cartoon strip, etc. Get my drift? 😉
At the end of the post, write briefly on what you’d like to do with ALP’s winner gift.
2. Link your blog post (or Note on FB) back to this blog-post. If you’re not too sure what’s the link address, here it is:
3. In addition to that, email me ([email protected]) the link to your blog-post (or for Facebook members, PM me the link to your Note) along with your details (Name, Email & Contact Number) This is so I KNOW you’ve entered and contributed and I can head on to reading the entry. 😉
4. The last date to submit your contributions will be on 5th March, 2010 (Friday) at 8.00 p.m local time (GMT +8.00). I’ll start downloading my email inbox at that hour to receive your final contributions. 😉
5. Sit back and relax while waiting for the next blog post announcement from ALP! 😉
1. There will be two judges from ALP. Myself and another ALP’s friend. 😉
2. We will shortlist FIVE (5) favorite postings and announce them on ALP’s blog a day after the submission deadline. For FB members who posted a Note as an entry, ALP will re-host your entry on ALP’s server so everyone can go & read it.
3. These FIVE (5) favorite postings will be opened for public voting for the final winner! 😉 Voting will end on 26th March, 2010 (Friday) at 8.00 p.m local time (GMT +8.00).
4. Winners will be announced on the 28th March, 2010 on ALP’s blog. Emails & e-vouchers will be distributed out to the winners soon after. 😉
5. No other correspondences will be entertained and judges’ decisions are final. 🙂
The Winning Prizes:
ONE (1) FREE portrait session with yours truly worth RM500 consisting of:
* 2-hour outdoor/indoor session, 1 location within Klang Valley, 50 high resolution digital photos in DVD + ONE (1) FREE A3 poster print (which is worth an extra RM100).
FOUR (4) ALP’s e-vouchers worth RM100 each for redemption of any of ALP’s portraiture packages.
Winning prizes valid up to 1-year from date of issue & they’re transferable! 😀
The Rules & Regulations:
1. Each post entry should not be longer than 500 words. Keep it nice & short for easy reading. 😉
2. ALP’s e-vouchers are only redeemable for portrait sessions within Klang Valley. I may consider for outstation location IF winner is willing to bear transportation, accommodation & meal costs for me. 😉
3. ALP’s e-vouchers are only valid for non-promotional packages.
4. Only your names & links to your posts will be posted on ALP’s blog. Your emails & phone numbers will stay Private & Confidential within ALP’s care.
5. NO plagiarism please!
6. You can submit up to 3 entries. 😉
Wokay! Did I leave anything behind? Do let me know and I’ll try to update this contest so it serves everyone properly. 😀 So let’s get blogging! 😉
As for Project 365 (Year 2010) for today:
And I’ll end this post with a quote from Napolean Hill:
“Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.
Remember to subscribe to our RSS feed. TQ!